Tag: "Prague significant palace"

PHA-Arcibiskupsky palac04

12. 4. 2017

The Archbishop ś Palace (Arcibiskupský palác) in Prague

The Archbishop’s Palace also houses the precious archbishop’s carriage, one of only two in Europe to have survived. This building stands to the righthand side of the gates to Prague Castle. It is high baroque in style with a yellowy Rococo façade decorated by Jan Josef Wirch in 1760, the same man who had rebuilt the palace in 1722 – 25. In the centre of the façade visitors will notice the large archbishop’s coat of arms. » More »

9. 4. 2017

The Wallenstein Palace – the residence of the Senate of the Czech Republic

During our walks through the Lesser Town we can´t miss one of the most precious gems which is to be found here. The Wallenstein Palace (Valdštejnský palác) is full of many beautiful architectural elements in its both interior and exterior parts. It is one of the most expressive buildings of the early Bohemian Baroque period.

» More »

7. 7. 2016

THE NOSTITZ PALACE

This is an early baroque building from the mid 17th century built by architect Francesco Caratti. The palace is decorated with statues of the emperors, copies of the originals by Brokoff, and a balustrade with classic statues. Today the Nostitz Palace houses the Dutch embassy. » More »

9. 7. 2015

THE STRAKŮ Z NEDABYLIC PALACE

This baroque palace, which stands opposite the Nostitz Palace, is also known as the House of the White Horse thanks to the white horse house symbol, or sometimes as the House of the Seven Devils. » More »

14. 1. 2011

Rosenberg Palace – Institute of noblewomen

Rosenberg Palace (czech: Rožmberský palác) has been part of the Prague Castle seightseeing tour since April 2010 and it used to be the Institute educating real aristocratic ladies from young noblewomen in the past. Before we look inside we need to learn about the history and everything that happened behind the palace walls in the past.

» More »

PHA-Stenbersky palac01

19. 8. 2009

THE ŠTERNBERK PALACE – Since 1949 the palace has housed the National Gallery’s exhibition of Old European Art.

The Šternberk Palace, accessed through a passageway in the lefthand gate of the Archibishop’s Palace, is a baroque work by Giovanni Santini and Domenico Martinelli (among others) dating from 1698 – 1707. » More »

15. 8. 2009

THE THUN-HOHENSTEIN PALACE

Now the Italian Embassy, this palace was built in 1721-26 by Giovanni Santini, originally for the Kolowrat family. Matyáš Bernard Braun placed two gigantic eagles beside the entrance, symbols of the Kolowrat family. » More »

14. 8. 2009

The Morzinsky Palace

This baroque palace on the lefthand side of Nerudova Street replaced four old houses and was given its current appearance by Giovanni Santini in 1713-14. The façade was decorated by Ferdinand Maxmilián Brokoff with statues of Moors, » More »