Prague Boats

Tag: "Music festival"

Page 1 (of 2)12
CRW_1397

11. 4. 2017

The Lesser Town Bridge Tower

The Malá Strana Bridge Towers mark the end of Charles Bridge on the Malá Strana side. These two towers, unlike the tower on the Old Town side, were never decorated. The smaller of the two has survived from the days of the Judith Bridge, when it was part of the defence system. » More »

MAiseloova s.

11. 4. 2017

THE MAISEL SYNAGOGUE – Renaissance synagogue

ikona_disabled22This Renaissance synagogue was built by the head of the Jewish community, Mordechai Maisel in 1590-93 as a private place of worship. Maisel was granted permission to build a synagogue by Emperor Rudolf II. » More »

11. 4. 2017

Novotného footbridge and Bedřich Smetana Museum

Bedřich Smetana Museum belongs to the museums which are incorporated under the National Museum in Prague. However do not look for it in the National Museum. It is located in the building of the previous Old Town Water Town on the right embankment of the river. We will proceed towards the Charles Bridge onto the Novotného footbridge where the museum has resided since May 12th, 1936. You have the opportunity to look at the Smetana Memorial right in front of the building so let´s find out more about the important Czech artist. » More »

10. 4. 2017

The Spanish Synagogue – the youngest yet the most beautiful

The youngest synagogue of the Prague´s Jewish Town Josefov was built at the crossroads of the streets Dušní and Vězeňská between 1867-68. Just like some other synagogues also this one was built in the Moorish style according to the project of Ignác Ullmann and Josef Niklas. The construction was performed in place of the former oldest synagogue called The Old School or „Templ“ which according to the extant historical sources existed already in the 12th century. It was called „school“ because the synagogues used to serve as educational institutes for the inhabitans of the Jewish community. » More »

PHA-Dům u kamenného zvonu07

9. 4. 2017

The House at the Stone Bell

The House at the Stone Bell on the south side of the square is perhaps the most attractive building on the Old Town Square. It was probably the property of Queen Eliška Přemyslovna, the wife of King John of Luxemburg and was originally a Romanesque structure, proof of which are the 12th-century walls in the cellars. » More »

9. 4. 2017

The palace gardens under the Prague Castle

The Prague Castle is surrounded by many grass areas, parks and gardens that are determined i.a. for relaxation or various cultural events. The palace gardens under the Prague Castle are located on the southern slope of the Hradčany („Castle District“) hill. The gardens actually connect the Prague Castle with the Lesser Town. Let´s go see these botanical gems and enjoy the beauties hidden in the center of Prague. » More »

Pha1 - Spanelska synagoga a Zidovske muzeum005

8. 4. 2017

Jewish Museum in Prague – description

Jewish Museum(czech: Židovské muzeum) in Prague currently administrates the world´s most extensive collections of objects with the Jewish matter. This primacy particularly belongs to the museum based on more than forty thousand of collection objects and hundreds of thousands books. The museum provides complete information mapping out the life, customs and traditions of the Jewish population in the territory of our country. » More »

PHA-Dům u Černé Matky Boží02

6. 4. 2017

THE BLACK MADONNA HOUSE – Museum of Czech cubism

ikona_disabled22The Black Madonna House of is situated at the corner of Celetná Street and Ovocný trh. It was built in 1911 – 1912 by the architect Josef Gočár in the cubist style. With some exceptions, cubist architecture is specific to the Czech lands and this building is one of the best examples. » More »

Odpad

10. 9. 2016

Ecotechnical museum – old sewerage plant

Ecotechnical museum is placed at the buildings of old sewerage plant, which is one of the most important buildings of Czech industrial architecture. » More »

Pha1 - Klausova synagoga03

29. 7. 2016

The Klausen Synagogue and Rabbi Löw

The Klausen  Synagogue (czech: Klausová synagoga) is another public building which Mordechai Maisel, head of the Jewish community, had built, funding the work from his own pocket. This baroque synagogue acquired its name from three small buildings called klauses, from which it was created. » More »

Page 1 (of 2)12