Prague Boats

THE THUN-HOHENSTEIN PALACE

Now the Italian Embassy, this palace was built in 1721-26 by Giovanni Santini, originally for the Kolowrat family. Matyáš Bernard Braun placed two gigantic eagles beside the entrance, symbols of the Kolowrat family. Above the entrance he put statues representing Jupiter and Junona.

The staircase inside the palace was rebuilt in 1871 by Josef Zítek. It is lined with paintings of various stages of human life from the cradle to the grave by Josef Tulka and František Ženíšek (who designed the curtain at the National Theatre)

Contact:

The Thun-Hohenstein palace
Nerudova 20
Praha 1 – Malá Strana

Barrier-Free Entry: no

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Photo Gallery:

« « The Morzinsky Palace | Historically, Hradčany was the third of Prague’s independent town » »