Prague Boats

The Morzinsky Palace

This baroque palace on the lefthand side of Nerudova Street replaced four old houses and was given its current appearance by Giovanni Santini in 1713-14. The façade was decorated by Ferdinand Maxmilián Brokoff with statues of Moors, allegorical busts representing Day and Night and statues representing the four continents known to antiquity (Europe, Asia, America and Africa).

The Morzinský Palace now houses the Romanian Embassy.

Contact:

The Morzinský palace
Nerudova 5
Praha 1 – Malá Strana

Barrier-Free Entry: no

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Photo Gallery:


« « THE TRINITY COLUMN – Malostranské square | THE THUN-HOHENSTEIN PALACE » »