PRAGUE CITY LINE Archive:

Page 31 (of 32)« First...2829303132
Vosk

3. 10. 2009

Wax Museum Praha

Almost every capital in Europe has its own wax museum and Prague is no exeption. » More »

hvezda

24. 9. 2009

Folly „Hvězda“

As the meaning of the name „Hvězda“ (Star) implies, this folly holds visitors‘ interest by its star-shape. It is placed in a beutiful area of park „Hvězda“. » More »

hlávka

22. 8. 2009

The Legacy of Josef Hlávka

The year 2008 is the 100th anniversary of the death of Josef Hlávka (1831-1908), the most important patron of Czech science and culture. The exhibition, designed to commemorate this anniversary in the exhibition premises of St George’s Convent at Prague Castle » More »

PHA-Stenbersky palac01

19. 8. 2009

THE ŠTERNBERK PALACE – Since 1949 the palace has housed the National Gallery’s exhibition of Old European Art.

The Šternberk Palace, accessed through a passageway in the lefthand gate of the Archibishop’s Palace, is a baroque work by Giovanni Santini and Domenico Martinelli (among others) dating from 1698 – 1707. » More »

PHA_hradcanske namesti01

18. 8. 2009

Hradčanské Square forms a kind of forecourt to Prague Castle

Hradčanské Square forms a kind of forecourt to Prague Castle. Its current appearance dates back to the mid 18th century, a time when grand Renaissance and baroque palaces were being constructed here. The dominant architectural style of the square is baroque. » More »

Kopie - PHA-Petrin01

17. 8. 2009

Historically, Hradčany was the third of Prague’s independent town

Historically, Hradčany was the third of Prague’s independent town. It grew up around the castle (roughly today’s Hradčanské Square), an area inhabited since the 10th century. It was officially founded around 1320 and governed directly by the burgrave of Prague Castle. » More »

15. 8. 2009

THE THUN-HOHENSTEIN PALACE

Now the Italian Embassy, this palace was built in 1721-26 by Giovanni Santini, originally for the Kolowrat family. Matyáš Bernard Braun placed two gigantic eagles beside the entrance, symbols of the Kolowrat family. » More »

14. 8. 2009

The Morzinsky Palace

This baroque palace on the lefthand side of Nerudova Street replaced four old houses and was given its current appearance by Giovanni Santini in 1713-14. The façade was decorated by Ferdinand Maxmilián Brokoff with statues of Moors, » More »

Sloup Nejsv.Trojice

11. 8. 2009

THE TRINITY COLUMN – Malostranské square

At the top of Malostranské Square, infront of the Church of St Nicholas, a monument was built in 1715 to commemorate the terrible plague which hit Prague in 1713-14. » More »

Kostel Panny Marie pod řetězem01

8. 8. 2009

MALTÉZSKÉ SQUARE

ikona_disabled22This square gets its name from the Priory of the Maltese Knights which can be found there. At the northern end of the square stands a statue of St John the Baptist (by Ferdinand Maxmilián Brokoff), the patron saint of the Maltese Knights. » More »

Page 31 (of 32)« First...2829303132