Celetná Street is one of the oldest and most important streets in the Old Town. In the 14th century, during the reign of one of the most prominent Czech and European rulers, Emperor Charles IV, the importance of Celetná Street grew when it became part of the so-called Royal Way. » More »
Today we will learn about the origin of one of the most sought places which is located close to the Charles Bridge. It is the Kampa Island – a very popular place for walks. The history of Prague Venice is very interesting so we will find out more about it now. » More »
The monastery was founded by the Bohemian king Vladislav II. in 1169 as the first Johannite commendam in Bohemia. The knightly order of Johannites renewed its activities here in 1989 and the church of Virgin Mary under the Chain is a part of the huge building complex of this order in Prague, which is located among the streets Saská, Lázeňská and the Velkopřevorské náměstí. Saint John the Baptist is the patron of the order, therefore they are called the Johannites. » More »
THE ŠTERNBERK PALACE – Since 1949 the palace has housed the National Gallery’s exhibition of Old European Art.
The Šternberk Palace, accessed through a passageway in the lefthand gate of the Archibishop’s Palace, is a baroque work by Giovanni Santini and Domenico Martinelli (among others) dating from 1698 – 1707. » More »
Historically, Hradčany was the third of Prague’s independent town. It grew up around the castle (roughly today’s Hradčanské Square), an area inhabited since the 10th century. It was officially founded around 1320 and governed directly by the burgrave of Prague Castle. » More »
Kampa Island is one of the most idyllic and tranquil places in the Czech capital. The island is divided into two visibly distinct parts. The section nearest to Charles Bridge is formed by a small, cosy square; the second is a park, formed when several historical gardens were joined together. » More »